Monday 15 December 2014

Second Draft of Digipak

This is a few images of my first experiments of my first digipak draft with the new pictures we took of Poppy for our artist, Isabel Beau. 

I have aimed for the theme for the digipak to be pink and black to keep with the Pop genre conventions of a female being related to the colour pink. Also the images are mostly close ups and mid shots which are included on 4 panels of the digipak. I decided to use two sets of photo shots combined into this one digipak to see show her outfits and her with make up and no make up. I believe that this works well with the two outfits which is stereotypical for a female Pop artist to be fashionable. Furthermore the typography from, 'Da Font' for the artist name and the album title i downloaded on to photoshop and used it, 'Roboto' and 'DaddysGirl'. 
I decided to add pink and black glitter into the digipak to make it more appealing and fit with the Pop genre conventions, i used the pink glitter for the album CD and the black glitter for the bonus CD cover. Also this co-ordinates with the colour of the typography for the album. I decided to add social media links on to the back cover of the album and a website link for Isabel Beau, this is so she can connect with her fans and people can get to know her because she is a young Pop artist. 

In addition I added black and pink glitter to the background of the CDs and switched them over to keep the co-ordination going on between the two colours. I changed the light pink typography to dark pink so it would stand out against the panel pictures more clearly. Throughout the digipak creation process I struggled to decided on the spine colour I begun with pink glitter, however I finally went with the choice of black glitter for the spine. I changed the album name, 'Uncovered' from black to white, so this would be more striking on against the black glitter and would make it able to work. 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment